American Osteopathic College of Proctology (AOCPr) Announces Programming for 2015 ACA
The American Osteopathic College of Proctology (AOCPr) will present an exceptional three day educational program at the 2015 Annual Clinical Assembly. Program Chair, Shiva Golian, D.O. has planned two joint lectures with the ACOS General Surgery Discipline to be presented on Monday afternoon, October 5 including: Improving the Quality and Effectiveness of Your Colonoscopy
presented by Douglas K. Rex, MD, FACG, Director of Endoscopy at Indiana University Hospital in Indianapolis, IN and Ameliorating PeriOperative Complications: Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine Considerations
presented by Michael Kuchera, D.O., Chair of Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine (OMM) at Marion University in Indianapolis, IN.
The AOCPr educational program follows:
Sunday, October 4:
- Anorectal Manometry: How to Get Started - Brian J. Gillis, D.O.
- Cosmetic Proctology and Anal Beautification - Maziar Ghodsian, D.O., JD, FCLM
- Telemedicine - Maziar Ghodsian, D.O., JD, FCLM
- Anorectal Trauma - Paul A. Lucha, D.O., FACOS, FAOCPr
Monday, October 5
- The Hospital-owned Physician – Update - David Harrison, D.O.
- An Office-based Surgical Practice - Robert M. West, D.O.
- Dermatological Cases in Proctology Practice - Jerald E. Hurdle, D.O.
- Surgical Approaches for Rectal Prolapse Surgery - Paul A. Lucha, D.O., FACOS, FAOCPr
Tuesday, October 6
- Utilizing Simulators in Training Medical Students and Residents - Michael D. Adelman, D.O.
- Biofilms and Colon Cancer - Steven Werling, D.O.
- Oglvie's Syndrome: Etiology, Diagnosis and Treatment - Robert M. West, D.O.
- Chemical Sphincterotomy: The "Other" Approach to Anal Fissures - Shannon R. Wesley, D.O.
- Colonic Manifestations of Lymphoma - Brian J. Cross, D.O.
- Postoperative Healing after Anorectal Procedures - Shiva Golian, D.O.