Educational Programming at the 2022 ACOS ANNUAL CLINICAL ASSEMBLY
Educational Objectives and Outcomes
This activity is intended for surgeons of varying specialties who care for surgical patients.
The ACA will:
- Offer a highly diversified program of continuing medical education for the specialties of cardiothoracic surgery and vascular surgery, general surgery, neurological surgery, plastic and reconstructive surgery, proctological surgery, urological surgery, bariatric surgery, and wound care.
- Keep surgeons in these specialties, other interested physicians, and healthcare professionals informed regarding recent developments and advances in the art and science of surgery.
- Provide a review of selected areas of the attendees’ surgical specialties.
- Discuss pre- and post-operative issues related to surgery.
- Update surgical specialties on developments related to surgery in other fields of science, in socioeconomics, and in education.
The ACA learning methods used are:
- Panels and lectures
- Scientific paper presentations
- Peer-to-peer discussions
- Question and answer sessions
- Hands-on labs
- Scientific exhibits and poster presentations
ACA Educational Objectives
After completing this activity, the participant should be better able to:
- Discuss recent clinical developments in their surgical specialties
- Implement strategies into their surgical practice in order to improve patient care
- Review the indications, techniques, complications, and outcomes of various surgical procedures
ACA Educational Program Schedule
The ACA offers educational programming across multiple surgical specialties. Please check out our Schedule at a Glance by clicking the button below. Full discipline programming details will be posted soon.
2022 ACA SCHEDULE AT A GLANCE
The ACOS Annual Clinical Assembly offers educational programming across six surgical specialties offering AOA Category 1-A CME credits to eligible participants. This year's schedule can be found here.